Apple's "Think different" logo
"Think different" is an advertising slogan used from 1997 to 2002 by Apple Computer, Inc., now named Apple Inc. The campaign was created by the Los Angeles office of advertising agency TBWA\Chiat\Day.
The slogan has been widely taken as a response to the IBM slogan "Think". It was used in a television advertisement, several print advertisements, and several TV promos for Apple products.
As of 2020, "Think different" was still printed on the back of the box of the iMac, and possibly elsewhere.
- ^ 'Think different': The Ad Campaign that Restored Apple's Reputation. Lowendmac.com, Retrieved August 12, 2008
- ^ Clifton, Rita; Ahmad, Sameena (2009). Brands and Branding. The Economist. Bloomberg Press. p. 116. ISBN 978-1576601471.
- ^ Altstiel, Tom; Grow, Jean (2005). Advertising Strategy: Creative Tactics from the Outside/In. Sage Publications, Inc. p. 24. ISBN 978-1412917964.
- ^ Sull, Donald Norman (2003). Revival of the Fittest: Why Good Companies Go Bad and How Great Managers Remake Them. Harvard Business Review Press. p. 66. ISBN 978-1578519934.
- ^ "The Few Remaining Uses of the Word "Macintosh"". TidBITS.com. January 10, 2020. Retrieved December 10, 2021.